Standard Class Hours
This document lists the standard class scheduling hours, as defined by the Registrar's Office. Scheduling courses outside of these times may require special approval and results in a lower priority for classroom assignments.
Standard Class Hours for Fall and Spring Terms
1. 50 minute class begin times are listed below. Discussion sections (classes meeting for 50 minutes, one day a week) are expected to heavily utilize non-prime class hours (7:45,3:30 & 4:35).
8:50 a.m. 12:05 p.m. 3:30 p.m.
9:55 a.m. 1:20 p.m. 4:35 p.m.
50 minute class standard day patterns are as follows:
- MWF for classes meeting three days a week
- TR, MW, MF, or WF for classes meeting two days a week
2a. 75 minute classes scheduled on a TR, T, or R day pattern are expected to use one of the following hours:
8:00 – 9:15 11:00 – 12:15 2:30 – 3:45 Evening
9:30 – 10:45 1:00 – 2:15 4:00 – 5:15
2b. 75 minute classes may also be scheduled on a MW, MF, WF, or M, W, F day pattern at the following hours:
8:00 - 9:15 2:30 - 3:45 4:00 - 5:15 Evening
2c. Additional restriction for 75 minute undergraduate lectures: classes scheduled on MW, MF, WF, or M, W, F at 9:30-10:45, 11:00-12:15, or 1:00-2:15 must receive Dean's
recommendation and Provost's approval to be taught.
Note: If approved, these sections and any 75 minute sections not starting at the specified begin times are considered non-standard and will receive a lower priority in the room assignment process.
3. 2 hour classes meeting once a week are expected to use one of the following hours:
7:45 - 9:40 a.m. 1:20 - 3:15 p.m. 3:30 - 5:25 p.m. Evenings
4. Classes meeting once a week for more than two class hours are expected to use one of the following hours:
7:45 - 10:45 a.m. 2:25 - 5:25 p.m. Evenings