2) Coordinating Council drafts an internal budget and submits it to Student Council no later than Nov. 1.
3) Student Council debates and adopts a budget with a majority vote. The adopted budget is sent to SSFC for review.
4) The Student Council Chair presents the budget to SSFC. SSFC may amend the budget with a majority vote. The SSFC adopted version of the budget is sent back to Student Council for review.
5) Student Council may amend the SSFC version of the budget with a two-thirds vote.
6) Student Council must adopt a final version of the budget with a majority vote by Feb. 21.
Support for Students and Organizations
- Wages and fringe costs for three professional financial staff, Shared Governance Project Assistant, ASM office hourly employees, and food pantry student employees. $274,497
- Supply and service costs for the Student Organization Fair co-sponsorship; Grant Allocation Committee event, operation, travel, and open fund grants for student organizations; funding for disability accommodations at student activities; the Tenant Resource Center contract; and the Rape Crisis Center contract. $560,000
Leadership Development Programming
- Wages and fringe costs for ASM Director and two staff advisors. $291,209
- Wages for Student Council leadership, committee chairs, and Grant Allocation Committee members. $92,142
- Food pantry and general ASM programming. $2,500
- Orientations and trainings on and off campus for interns, student council, grant allocation committee, ASM staff, coordinating council, and students in general. $10,950
- Travel to state and national events such as meetings of the Board of Regents, USSA, ABTS, and UW System Student Reps. $15,000
- ASM recruitment drives. $1,000
Supplies & Services
- Printing, postage, office supplies, the campus technology fee, and the copy machine contract. $41,650
- Advertising for ASM outreach and recruitment and advertising for open staff positions. $350
- Computer equipment maintenance and replacement. $3,000
- General carry-over. $1,000