Topics Map > Funding > Student Services Finance Committee (SSFC)
General Student Services Fund Authorized Signer Responsibilities and Training
Last updated: 11/20/2020
Authorized Signers must complete a three part training and submit an Authorized Signer Form and Statement of Agreement in order to begin making expenses on behalf of their organization.
Authorized Signer Training consists of:
Part 1: Orientation
Part 2: Payroll/Supervisor Training
Part 3: Forms Training
The next Authorized Signer Training will be during the Spring 2021 semester.
Each organization is required to have at least two Authorized Signers for payroll purposes.
Key Responsibilities for Authorized Signers:
- Navigate the eligibility process on behalf of their organization
- Prepare budgets, attend hearings, and justify expenses
- Manage all payroll and personnel issues, verify hours of employees
- Communicate and collaborate with ASM staff
- Develop a strong command of policy (ASM/SSFC, State, UW System)
- Monitor budgets and review expenses
- Review monthly reconciliations for accuracy