Topics Map > Funding > Student Services Finance Committee (SSFC)
General Student Services Fund Student Employee Responsibilities
Last updated 12/16/2020
All GSSF employees, regardless if they have a face-to-face relationship with ASM or the Student Services Finance Committee must abide by GSSF funding and human resources rules.
Students employed by a GSSF organization may never:
- Work more total hours than have been allocated to their specific position as recorded in their organization's budget.
- Log hours at two different UW-Madison jobs at the same time.
- Work more than 29 hours in one week across all campus jobs. This is a violation of federal law.
- Work more than 8 hours in a day without first receiving an exemption from the SSFC.
- Work between 20-29 hours one week without first receiving an exemption from the SSFC.
All employees are responsible for following these restrictions at all times.
All supervisors are responsible for carefully monitoring timesheets and ensuring that these restrictions are followed.