Topics Map > Services > The Open Seat
The Open Seat / ASM
and accessible sources of food for the students of The University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The Open Seat supplies any UW-Madison student in need with free boxes of food packed and distributed by Second Harvest Foodbank during the COVID-19 pandemic. These food boxes come in 10-15 lb sizes. Options vary weekly but various quantities of produce, dairy, and dry goods are typically available.
For the current Fall 2021 semester, we are ordering boxes from all three categories (produce, dairy, dry goods) for the Eagle Heights location.
For our East Campus Mall location, we will continue to provide quality dairy products and dry goods, but we are only allowing students to order produce boxes.
The products in our pantry will vary week-to-week depending on donations, but it will typically have:
- Non-perishable items like soup, baking materials, pasta, fruit snacks, etc..
- Produce (provided by the Second Harvest boxes) including a type of leafy green (spinach, lettuce, etc), tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and beets
- Dairy products including a selection of eggs, meat, yogurt, and cow’s milk
Lastly, we provide an array of hygiene products. You can choose from:
- Body Products (lotion, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, shaving cream, soap)
- Oral Hygiene (Toothpaste, floss, toothbrush, Chapstick)
- Menstrual Products (pads, tampons, diva cups, panty liners)
Everything is free of purchase, but we ask that you only take what you need!
Our pantry hours for the Fall 2021 semester are:
Wednesday: Eagle Heights Distribution ONLY, 4:30-5:30pm (East Campus Mall Pantry closed)
We are located on the third floor of the Student Activity Center in Room 3203 (the room right next to the front desk).
If you are interested in picking up food for the Eagle Heights Location and produce for East Campus Mall, please fill out this form by THURSDAY at 12:00pm the week before your desired pick-up: https://forms.gle/55yVMaWteA6r4m8HA
For example, if you are ordering boxes for Friday September 3rd, you have from Thursday, August 19th at 12:01pm to Thursday August 26th, 2021 at 12:00pm to place your order.
For questions, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to volunteer? Please list your name on this form.