Bucky Backup (Linux) - Changing a Bucky Backup Node Password
This document explains how to change the password of a Bucky Backup linux node. If you need to have a Bucky Backup node password reset, contact the DoIT Help Desk.
A Bucky Backup node password can be up to 63 characters in length, is not case sensitive, and can be comprised of the following characters:
|A-Z||Any letter; A through Z, upper or lower case|
|0-9||Any number; 0 through 9|
Note: Although the Bucky Backup system does not comply with the Minimum Password Policy for UW-Madison, it is recommended that you set a password that is at least eight characters in length and contains at least one letter, one number, and one special character.
Changing a Bucky Backup Node Password
- Enter "sudo dsmc" from a shell prompt to start an interactive TSM command session.
- Enter "set password" at the tsm> prompt.
- Follow the password change instructions.
- Enter quit at the tsm> prompt to return to the System Console.
- Restart the client scheduler - refer to [Link for document 8920 is unavailable at this time.] for instructions.