Citrix Receiver - Applications launching in the browser
If you open a program in Citrix Receiver, and it opens in a browser window instead of using the desktop client, you will need to switch receivers.
How to open Xenapp applications using the installed Citrix Receiver client instead of the browser.
An application launching in a browser window
There are two options when choosing what "Receiver" to use:
- Desktop client
- The light version, which displays the program in your browser
If you are currently using the in-browser version (Option 2 above) and you wish to change to the desktop client:
- Go to https://remote.engr.wisc.edu
- In the upper right hand side of the window, select your username, and choose "Change Receiver"
- In the window that comes up, choose which receiver you would like to use, the first option for the desktop client, the second option for the web-browser-based interface.
4. Once choosing Option 1, following the instructions according to your operating system:
Citrix Receiver should now be configured properly.