Citrix Workspace - Applications launching in the browser
How to open Xenapp applications using the installed Citrix Workspace client instead of the browser.
If you open a program in Citrix Workspace, and it opens in a browser window instead of using the desktop client, you will need to switch receivers.
An application launching in a browser window
There are two options when choosing what "Receiver" to use:
- Desktop client
- The light version, which displays the program in your browser
If you are currently using the in-browser version (Option 2 above) and you wish to change to the desktop client:
- Go to https://remote.engr.wisc.edu.
- In the upper right hand side of the window, select your username, and choose "Account settings"
- In the window that comes up, choose which receiver you would like to use, the first option for the desktop client, the second option for the web-browser-based interface.
4. Once choosing Option 1, following the instructions according to your operating system:
Citrix Workspace should now be configured properly.