Topics Map > Account Information
Recovering CAE user name and password
How to determine your CAE user name, change your password if forgotten.
If you don't remember your login name, you can go to:https://my.cae.wisc.edu/tools/public/newuser/
and start the account activation process again. After you put in your ID number and date of birth, if the account is active, it will tell you your username.
If you don't have internet access, you may call the CAE consultants at (608) 262-5349, or stop by the helpdesk in 116 CAE, any time there is a consultant on duty, provide your campus ID number, and they can look up your user name for you.
For information about resetting your password, see the following doc on CAE's knowledge base:
CAE staff do not have access to any of your passwords, as they are all stored in encrypted form. For this reason, if you forget your password, you will need to reset it.
NEVER EVER use a link that is sent to you to reset your password. This is how the bad guys get your information (sending a fake link that asks you to log in; it is called phishing)
To reset your password, you will need to do the following:
1) Go to the CAE homepage .
2) Click on the link on the left side of the page named "CAE Account Management"
3) On the page that you are brought to (titled "CAE Account Management"), click on the like titled "Reset Password"
4) You will be brought to a page that asks you for your University username (NetID) and password. In the URL field of this page, you should see a closed lock with the words "University of Wisconsin-Madison" next to it.
5) After entering your NetID/Password, you will be brought to a page titled "CAE Account Password Reset" that asks you for a bunch of information and allows you to reset your password. After you fill out the form and click on "Change Password", you should be able to log into your account in approximately 10 minutes.
If you have questions or need help, please contact the CAE HelpDesk:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Call the consultants at 262-5349
- Go to room 116 CAE (1410 Engineering Drive)
If you are using an account with limited capabilities, such as an email-only account, you will need to come to the CAE building (1410 Engineering Drive) and reset the password with a CAE staff member. CAE consultants at the helpdesk can not do this with you.