Maple 16 for Windows
NOTE: This software may only be installed on UW-owned computers. Any other use is a violation of the license.
CAE offers software to aid in the learning and research environement offered by the College of Engineering at University of Wisconsin Madison. There are different categories of software that are offered through CAE.
In order to install and run tethered software, you must have a CAE account. To access the installation media, please see instructions for accessing files on MyFiles or accessing files via mapping a network drive. Accessing installation media via a network drive may be advantageous in that it will not time out during the downloading process. MyFiles times out if a download takes longer than 2 hours.
Also, make sure you are connected to Tethered Software VPN. To run tethered software, must always be connected to Tethered Software VPN.
If you have any difficulties, please contact the CAE Helpdesk. You can call the helpdesk at (608) 262-5349, stop by the Helpdesk in 170 CAE or email at email@example.com. The CAE Helpdesk does not respond to help requests through comments on this website. For more information on when consultants are available at the helpdesk, please visit http://www.cae.wisc.edu/caeconsultants.
Installing Maple 16
2. Open Maple16WindowsX86_64Installer.exe if you are installing on a 64bit machine, or Maple16WindowsInstaller.exe if you are installing on a 32bit machine.
3. Select Next.
4. Agree to the license agreement.
5. Choose the Install Folder. The default should work for most users.
6. Choose whether or not to a install desktop shortcut
7. Select Network License.
8. Specify the license location as "maple.license.cae.wisc.edu" and the port number as "27000"
9. Click Install.
10. Click Done to finish the installer. The Maple installation is now complete.