Explaining Citrix XenApp
XenApp (https://remote.engr.wisc.edu) is an software service that enables remote access to CAE software that is licensed for remote use. There is no need to install the software package on your computer or use special connection methods like VPN. There is simply a connection software installation, which is linked below. You may, however, choose to install the Citrix Workspace to use XenApp, but it is not required. To use XenApp, you must authenticate your login by Duo.
A current list of programs that can be accessed through XenApp can be found on the CAE Software page, under the column XenApp.
Advantages to using XenApp:
- Can use at home on personal laptop, anywhere, anytime.
- Do not need WiscVPN running
- Save your work to your CAE filespace.
- Access to programs that cannot be tethered because of licensing
- Access from portable devices, like tablets and phone (limited functionality)
We have documented installation of the XenApp workspace on Windows and Macs. See our articles below for instructions.
- Windows: Citrix Workspace for Windows (Remote Access to CAE Applications)
- Mac: Citrix Workspace for Mac (Remote Access to CAE Applications)