Topics Map > Unix Information
Using the College of Engineering VPN on Ubuntu
How to install and use COE VPN on Ubuntu.
1. Download CiscoVPN client either by following the instructions here: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=9120#installing or by downloading it from the Ubuntu Software Center.
2. Download OpenConnect client. You can manually download and it here: http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/download.html or find it in the software center as pictured below.
3. Next, download the network-manager-plugin. You can download it manually here: http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/gui.html or find it in the software center as seen below.
NOTE: For newer Ubuntu, e.g., 14.04 and higer install: "network-manager-openconnect-gnome" in Ubuntu Software Center
4. Once you have installed all the required packages, reboot computer to finalize the settings. Next navigate to the network connects icon on the Ubuntu toolbar. Click on VPN Connections and click Congifure VPN. Click add and create a new connection, as seen below.
5. In the VPN settings, you should change the gateway to: dept-ra-cssc.vpn.wisc.edu
6. Click save and then try to run the VPN connection. You should see a window like this appear. In GROUP, you can choose the type of VPN, Engineering-Full, Split, etc.... Then enter your CAE credentials and you should be able to log in.