Instructions for mapping your CAE network drive
When you are in a CAE Windows lab, your files can be found on your I drive. In CAE Linux labs, this same space will be your default home directory.
How to map your CAE home directory
- Open "File Explorer" (Folder Icon in taskbar, otherwise under start menu)
- MacOS X
- From Finder, press Command+K
- Enter the path to your directory: files.cae.wisc.edu/[login_name_first_initial]/[login_name]
- Click "Connect"
- Enter your CAE login and password, with the ENGR domain specified, e.g. ENGR\johndoe, and click "OK"
- The drive is now mounted, however it will disappear when you reboot. To enable persistence do the following:
- Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Click on "Accounts" then "Login Items"
- Click the + button to add another login item
- Locate the CAE drive you just added, and select "Add"
- Exit out of system preferences
You can see how much disk space you have available, and view a detailed analysis of the files in your Unix/Windows home directory, on the CAE My Account page under "Disk Space".