Installing EMS Windows Client for Engineering EMS
This is a walk through on how to install the EMS Client for Windows
Download The Client
Open a browser to https://engr.ems.wisc.edu/WebDeploy/ :
Use the Download link on that page to download the client.
NOTE: You MUST Allow Popups for this page. The download link will use the popup
feature to have you download TWO files. Be sure to save BOTH files to the same location.
After the download completes, run the EMSApplication.exe you just downloaded from the site. This will install the application. No Administrative rights are required. However, you may need to have the .NET Runtime library installed if you don't already.
Running the EMS client (first time setup)
After the install completes, it should have created a Desktop icon for EMS:
Double-click the icon to launch the program.
When prompted, sign in with the EMS Credentials you were provided:
Next, Open up the Settings -> Preferences Menu
On this screen, you need to:
- Uncheck "Use Global Email Settings"
- Under the SMTP Email section:
- Change Mode to "Authenticated (Specific)"
- Fill in Server with "smtpauth.wiscmail.wisc.edu"
- Enter User Name with your netid with @wisc.edu after. Example: If your netid is bbadger, then enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your netid password for Password
And Click OK
Now exit the EMS Program. There is a bug where it won't take the preferences until you restart the application, so sending any email confirmations won't work until the next time you start the EMS application.