Topics Map > Academic > Admission/Declaration
Topics Map > Academic > Academic Policies & Procedures

On-Campus Transfer into CALS

Students may transfer to the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences from other schools and colleges at UW–Madison if they:

  1. are in good academic standing with the college or school in which they are enrolled,

  2. meet any special requirements as specified by the intended major, and

  3. have earned fewer than 86 credits, which is the threshold for senior status.

Students who wish to transfer to the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences and do not meet these criteria should meet with a Dean-on-Call in the Academic Affairs office to discuss their situation. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis, particularly in situations where a student has senior standing before their fourth year of college.

Students who have been dropped by another college or school must be readmitted to that college or school before being considered for transfer into the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. However, being readmitted for transfer purposes by another school or college does not guarantee acceptance by CALS.

Ideally, the transfer should be initiated in advance of the semester in which enrollment is planned. Students may initiate the transfer process at any time during the semester. However, it may take up to four weeks to process your request. Please plan accordingly.

Keywords:On-Campus, Transfer, CALS   Doc ID:59061
Owner:Sue R.Group:CALS Academic Affairs
Created:2015-12-18 15:38 CSTUpdated:2022-06-06 12:39 CST
Sites:CALS Academic Affairs
Feedback:  0   0