How to Access the Query Library
Note: Before accessing the Query Library, check with your supervisor to make sure you have been granted access to the queries you need to run in the Query Library.
Quick Reference Guide
Accessing the Campus Query Library
- You must use Internet Explorer** to run any of the queries in the Query Library. Once you have Internet Explorer open, go to:
Internet Explorer 11 - Setting a Website to Display in Compatibility View
- Log on using your UW NetID and Password.
- When the Query Library opens, click the Explore button . You will be directed to the folders.
- On the left of the screen, click the + sign next to Madison to view the folders. Double click the folder you'd like to open and read the description next to the query to determine which query to run. ***Note: Queries specific to CALS will be found in the CALS folder. If you have any questions about the CALS queries, please contact Administrative Computing Services
- Double click the query you'd like to run and follow the directions on the page. When the Query Complete box displays in the upper left, the query is done running. The results will display on the left. ***Note: If you want to rerun the query using different criteria, make sure you click the Reset button on the criteria page.
- Double click the results you want to view. From the toolbar, you can page forward and backward on the document. You can also export and save the results in different formats (not recommended to use the Save button).