Microsoft Teams - Setting Statuses and Setting Status Messages
Statuses in Teams are pulled from your Outlook calendar, meaning your status will be updated to busy/out of office/etc. depending on your calendar. Users may also manually set their statuses and status messages within Teams
Setting Statuses and Setting Status Messages
- In the top right corner of the Teams client, click on the circle with your initials in the center.
- Hover over the bar that says “Available”. This lists different status options that you are able to manually set. Clicking “Reset Status” will change your status automatically back to “Available”.
- In the top right corner of teams, click on the circle with your initials in the center.
- Click on the bar that says “Set status message” and type in a message you’d like to appear when others hover over your name.
- Ex message: “Out of the office until 6/2”.
- You can also choose when to clear your status message.