ARS Users: 2020 Worker Protection Standard Training Scheduled
Posted: 09:50:29, Thursday, Mar 5, 2020 Expiration: 09:26:08, Monday, Apr 20, 2020
The Worker Protection Standard (WPS) safety training for field pesticides has been scheduled for Agricultural Research Station users. A federal regulation requires that all UW faculty, staff, students or LTEs who will be doing field research receive this training once a year. The WPS is designed to reduce the risk of pesticide exposure and illness.
Please see below for a list of training sessions and registration information.
- Location: Room 203, Animal Science Building (1675 Observatory Drive)
- Note: Two training sessions will be offered each day.
- Date/Time: May 20 from 9am-10am and 2pm-3pm
- Date/Time: May 28 from 9am-10am and 2pm-3pm
- Location: West Madison Agricultural Research Station Meeting Room (8502 Mineral Point Rd, Verona, WI)
- Date/Time: June 17 from 9am-10am
To register for a session, complete the registration form and submit online at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DsY8tWIbwlFD-OB6m1jLPJ6_Ji3vYzi0XQCKBHAGCm8/edit
Other key points:
- If you are a certified pesticide applicator, you are exempt from WPS training.
- If you intend to apply restricted-use pesticides, you must be certified as a pesticide applicator. WPS training is not a substitute for applicator training.
- These sessions are NOT designed for those who work in the greenhouses. For WPS greenhouse training, contact Lynn Hummel at Walnut Street Greenhouse (email@example.com).
If you have any questions or cannot attend any of the sessions, please contact Nick Genovese at 608-890-3894 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional registration information, please contact Jane Cahoon at 608-846-3750 (ext. 3) or email@example.com.
-- CALS Safety & Health Resources : Nick Genovese
Created: 19:00:39, Wednesday, Mar 4, 2020 (by Nick G.)
Updated: 09:26:12, Monday, Apr 20, 2020 (by Nick G.)