Topics Map > UW-Madison -- General Information

Lost and Found on Campus

Who can I call if I lost something?

1) In a particular campus building:

Contact a departmental office in the building or, if the building is general use (i.e., Natatorium), check with the front desk to see if they have any information.

2) In Union South: (608) 890-3000; in Memorial Union: (608) 265-3000

3) Outside on university property: University Police at (608) 264-2677

4) Outside on city property: University Police (608) 264-2677 and/or Madison Police (608) 261-9694 or (608) 255-2345

Reporting lost or stolen bike outside on city property: Madison Police (608) 245-3662

Recovering lost or stolen bike outside on city property: Madison Police (608) 267-8611

Regarding lost keys -- please note this article from Badger Beat (University Police):

"Lost Keys?
August 31, 2015 by Marc Lovicott

We’ve all been there — we’ve misplaced our keys, with fears that we’ll never find them again. However, a new campus-wide initiative could help reunite those keys with their rightful owner.

Earlier this summer, a new program put the UW’s Locksmith Shop (a unit within Facilities, Planning, and Management) in charge of all lost keys found on the UW-Madison campus. If you find lost keys on campus, please drop them off at the Locksmith Shop located at 1217 University Avenue between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.

After hours, keys may be dropped off in the key box located in the lobby of the UW-Madison Police Department. UWPD is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week."

(Call the Locksmith Shop via the general Physical Plant phone number, 263-3333.)

Keywords:LOST FOUND MYUW item police search key keys wallet ID bikes bag backpack bike laptop   Doc ID:11439
Owner:Information Services Specialist .Group:Campus and Visitor Relations
Created:2009-06-25 19:00 CDTUpdated:2019-11-25 10:34 CDT
Sites:Campus and Visitor Relations
Feedback:  60   50