Tenant Resource Center / TRC

http://www.tenantresourcecenter.org/uw_madison -- UW-Madison Office

uw@tenantresourcecenter.org -- UW-Madison Office
http://www.tenantresourcecenter.org/contact_rental_rights -- Rental Rights Contact Form
http://www.tenantresourcecenter.org/contact_mediation -- Housing Mediation Contact Form
http://www.tenantresourcecenter.org/contact_admin -- Administrative Contact Form 
(for non-legal questions regarding seminars, books, donations, upcoming fundraisers, office hours, etc)

(608) 257-0006 -- Rental Rights (Dane County)
(877) 238-7368 -- Rental Rights Toll Free (Outside Dane County)
(608) 216-2321 -- UW-Madison Office
(608) 257-0006 x 8 -- Mediation Services (Dane County)
(608) 257-0006 x 1 -- En Español
(608) 257-0006 x 2 -- Lus Hmoob
(608) 257-0006 x 0 -- Administration Office Only (no rental rights questions will be answered at this phone number)

(608) 229-1317 -- Main Office

Williamson Street Office -- Housing Counseling Services
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
*Last walk-ins taken at 4:30 p.m.

Williamson Street Office -- Eviction Prevention Services
Monday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Friday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*Last walk-ins taken 15 minutes prior to end times

UW-Madison Office Hours
Monday and Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Main Office
Tenant Resource Center
1202 Williamson St. #101
Madison, WI 53703

UW-Madison Location
Student Activity Center
333 East Campus Mall, Room 3156
Madison, WI 53715-1380

Non-profit agency that provides information and referral services on tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities. It provides information on numerous areas, including security deposits, subletting, eviction, how to choose the right landlord, check-in/check-out procedures, repairs, breaking leases and more.

Refers to other agencies such as the City of Madison Building Inspection Department, Small Claims Court, Consumer Protection, etc. for problems such as no heat, confiscation of property, repair problems, and lack of proper notification to enter rental units. Also helps tenants read and understand leases.

TRC also provides a mediation service for tenants and landlords. Will mediate between tenants and landlords, tenants and neighbors, and between roommates if all parties agree to take part in the mediation process. This service is co-sponsored by the Apartment Association of South Central Wisconsin; call 608-257-2799 for details.

TRC has a Housing Help Desk that provides in-depth housing counseling on looking for housing, subsidized housing, rental rights and responsibilities and can provide limited rental assistance. Also provides a weekly list of vacant apartments. Call 608-242-7406 or walk-in at 1819 Aberg Ave. between the hours of 10a.m.-2 p.m., Monday-Friday.

Also publishes a renter's handbook which is free to UW students with an ID.

Keywords:LEGAL HOUSING TENANT LANDLORD DISCRIMINATION MEDIATION CONFLICT TRC resource center tenants sac student activity center   Doc ID:11556
Owner:Information Services Specialist .Group:Campus and Visitor Relations
Created:2009-06-28 19:00 CDTUpdated:2020-01-28 12:20 CDT
Sites:Campus and Visitor Relations
Feedback:  4   0