Aspen is a Windows only program. Summary: Sign the form and get the Aspen disk, connect to Engineering Licensing VPN, install Aspen using license server: aspen.license.cae.wisc.edu.
- Aspen requires a signed license agreement from each student. Print out AspenCheckout.pdf, fill out the form and bring it to Russ Poyner in Engineering Hall room 2037 to borrow the Aspen USB drive.
- If you are using a laptop with a wireless connection or an off campus computer you must connect to the Engineering Licensing VPN. Using these instructions
- Put the USB flash drive into your computer. Open the Aspen folder and click Setup (not Setup1) to begin.
- Click the image of a USB drive next to "Install aspenONE products".
- Accept the license and click next.
- Uncheck "Aspen Basic Engineering" and "Server Products and Tools" on the "Choose the aspenONE products you want to install" screen.
- The license server is aspen.license.cae.wisc.edu. Type that into the License server box then click Add Server. The license server will show up as license-2.cae.wisc.edu. This is normal. Click Next.
- Click Install Now and be prepared to wait. The install can take an hour or more.