How to process job applications
How to process an application received in the newstudent e-mail account
STOP: If you are applying for another position within CFYE, do NOT process or read any applications, let your supervisor know you plan to apply.
When you receive an e-mail in the newstudent account for CFYE job applications, please follow these steps:
Print out the e-mail and all attachments
- Go to soar.wisc.edu
- Click on SOAR Staff tab, and then System Constants option on the left hand menu
- Click on Manage SOAR Jobs and Applications
- Click on View Applicants for the position the candidate applied for.
- Find the name of the applicant whose information you have just printed off and click View. The individual’s application should appear on the screen.
- Print the application screen
- Application Screen printout
- Cover letter
- Any additional documents
- Select correct e-mail from the newstudent account Template
- Send reply to the email applicant listed on the application
- Fill in the applicant's name before emailing.
- Write e-mailed on the top page of the application packet