Planning for a meal for a group of students
How to plan and pay for a meal for your CP125 class
- For ANY type of meal you need to follow documentation rules for purchasing meals. Please review the Events Meals Form: http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/forms/Event%20Meal%20Payment%20Form.pdf
- As a University Entity, we are tax exempt. If using a departmental credit card we need to attempt to get tax exemption on the purchase. The UW's Tax Exempt number is ES40706, some companies require documentation - here is link to UW's Tax Exempt documentation: https://www.busserv.wisc.edu/purch/TaxCertificate.pdf
- Many merchants will refuse to remove taxes from purchases made with personal funds, CFYE will reimburse any taxes, as well as delivery fees and reasonable tips to food delivery staff that you incurred.
- Please work with Carol Pope in the Center for the First-Year Experience for food ordering logistical assistance or reimbursements for your event or class
Name Carol PopeE-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone (608) 263-6951Unit CENTER FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCEMailing address 155 Middleton Building
1305 Linden Dr
Madison, WI 53706
I. Delivery of Meals
A. If you have a departmental credit card. Events Meals Form and all original receipts need to be kept with your departmental credit card records. Course Coordinator will need to know amount, but forwarding copies of attendance, agenda and receipts is not necessary. Note the rules for event meals require a detailed, itemized receipt when contacting a food deliver ask them specifically for this to be included with delivery
2. Use your departmental card and non-salary cost transfer can be submitted later to reimburse your department for the funds spent by your department.
2. If you want an off campus food deliverer we could use one of our department's credit cards
b. I loan you one of CFYE’s credit card – note the rules for event meals required a detailed, Itemized receipt when contacting them ask them specifically for this to be included with delivery
II. Pre-ordering and picking up food:
3. Contact Carol Pope to place order or to get funding string for purchase.
III. Dining out.Remember to use every-day common sense about dining with a large group, contacting restaurant ahead of time, making a reservation, ensuring people with dietary limitations have options available to them. Also, if the group members are ordering on their own you need to make sure they don’t overspend the amounts set by the State as well as the budget limitations set for the class.
2. Use your departmental card and a interdepartmental billing form can be submitted to Business Services later to reimburse your department for the funds spent my your department.
2. Use your own CC, cash or check and work with me after the event to complete an
Login into your my UW-Madison, scroll to the bottom and click on the Add More to Home tile, with the + icon.
In the search field enter Employee Financial Resources and launch it
Click the Expense Reimbursement Website and Log In bullet
- Scroll down the Getting Reimbursed website until you see the radio buttons at the bottom, click on the Access E-Reimbursement button
You will now be on your homepage, click the Expense WorkCenter tile
Click the Delegate Entry Authority link in the links panel along the left side.
Click the plus sign to add an additional row
Enter the Alternate’s employee ID number in the Authorized User ID field (00063765 is the User ID for Carol Pope). If you do not know the employee ID, click the magnifying glass next to the blank field, then click on Advanced Lookup. Enter the Alternate’s last name in the Description field. Locate the alternate and click on their name.
The Authorization Level should be “Edit”. If an employee chooses “Edit & Submit”, it will revert to “Edit”.
For her to enter the information she will need:
2. Place(s) you made purchase(s); if more than one location I need a list of how much was spent at each place.
3. Amount spent – including any tip you paid for delivery.
4. Time and date of the class/meeting.
5. Purpose of the meeting – i.e. was it a regular class meeting, review session, training session, etc.
6. Once Carol enters the transaction you will receive an e-mail through the system that you need to look through – basically you need select the link in the e-mail, review the entries to make sure they are correct.