New Professional Staff Checklist
Items that new staff should do upon starting at CFYE.
New to Campus:Obtain Wiscard
Mandated Reporter Training
Campus Security Authorities Training (Clery Act)
New Employee Orientation
Complete the Classroom Media Support tutorial to get access to class room A/V systems
Things to set up:
Set up your e-mail to the Office 365 naming convention - your original e-mail will be tied to your netID (netID@wisc.edu), you will need to change it to the e-mail convention of email@example.com
Configure e-mail & calendar - please share your calendar with rest of CFYE pro-staff
Subscribe to the rest of CFYE staff and resources
If the previous office holder did not leave the password they set for the voicemail, you will need to have the office coordinator get the voicemail password reset [Link for document 17999 is unavailable at this time.]
Cisco VoIP - Email notification of new voicemail messages
Review/Update Personal Information
Log In to Qualtrics Survey Hosting Service
Set-up Access to Campus Labs (formerly Student Voice) -send Argyle Wade, name, netID, and email.
Log In to Box
Access O Drive - Shared Network Drive. Most files should be stored here, avoid saving important files to desktop.
Access H Drive - Private Network Drive. Store personal files and files not appropriate for all CFYE staff (i.e. staff evaluations etc)
-Problems access O or H drive? Mapping instructions are here. Mac Windows
Tools to familiarize yourself with:
[Link for document 46336 is unavailable at this time.]
SOAR Resources Wiki - link at Campus Resources, For Faculty & Staff footer on CFYE home page
Division of Student Life Intranet - Mission, Vision and Strategic Priorities for division, Organization Chart and Units, Policies and Resources
CFYE's Social Media Campaigns
Set up meetings with:
Linda Belz - Division of Student Life Human Resources Benefits Coordinator, this meeting should be set up in the first or second day.
Directors of the units within the Divsion of Student Life for a departmental overview of their office
Campus Partners - discuss with your supervisor
On-Boarding to the Division of Student Life:
1. The Division strives to infuse social justice into all our work
- Read SocialJusticeEducationInHigherEducation_AConversationWithRev.Dr.JamieWashington.pdf
- Attend a diversity or social justice workshop offered on campus
2. A member of the Division of Student Life who is in a similar role to you will be assigned to you as your Peer Partner, and will contact you to set up a meeting. Make sure you meet with this staff.
3. Division of Student Life will hold a series of monthly brown bag during your first year, please get the schedule of these events from your supervisor and add them to your calendar.
If you supervise student employees
1. You will need to familiarize yourself with HRS. The office manager handles hiring paperwork for student employees, will set up appointments in HRS, and can assist with errors seen in student time sheets. Supervisor's role is to review student hours, occasionally edit hours a student submitted, and correct common time entry errors.
Getting Started with Time Approval
Enter Missed Time for a Student Employee
If your role needs you to have a purchasing card
Training - General
Training - Travel
If you will have job-related travel
Become an Authorized Driver for UW Fleet Vehicles
[Link for document 34079 is unavailable at this time.]
Booking a flight - link to Concur can also be found in your MyUW, Services tab, Employee Financial Resources port-let
Submitting Reimbursable Expenses
CFYE's office manager can assist in reserving vehicles and submitting expenses, if given delegate authorityIf you need access to the Student Information System (SIS)
How to Set up Carol as an Alternate in e-Reimbursement System:
[Link for document 26628 is unavailable at this time.]
[Link for document 26079 is unavailable at this time.]
Access to SIS
There are many modules, discuss with your supervisor which modules are needed for your role.
If your role involves handling payments
Merchant Card Processing Training
Payment Card Industry Online Renewal Training
If your role involves booking entertainers or non-campus facilities
Receiving a contract
Other On Campus Professional Development Opportunities
Learning and Talent Development Courses