How to shop for items through ShopUW+
How to navigate to ShopUW+, create a cart, shop for items from a Catalog Supplier and assign a cart to a staff member who can complete the purchase.
Log in to MyUW
Using the top, center search bar, search for ShopUW+
OR add this widget to your homepage if you will be getting supplies frequently
Scroll to bottom of MyUW home pageClick Add to Home buttonSearch for ShopUW+
Launch ShopUW+ by clicking on Launch Website footer of the widget
If it is your first time using the site you will be prompted to set up your profile, see Shop UW+ Initial Login for that information
Find an item use the search box along the header bar
OR If you know the type of item you want, you can select one of the boxes in the Guided Buying area
For access to Staples - select Office Supplies, from the Guided Buying area
Select Staples from the Office Supply page
You will be prompted to enter a zip code, use the Campus zip code of 53706
You are now in the "punch out supplier" page for Staples,
- There is a red, Cancel PunchOut button at the top, right of the page if you need to return to the ShopUW+ site without creating a cart
- This site works like the public facing Staples store, but there are some items that are restricted, if the items you want are shown as restricted this means there is a different supplier that campus contracts with for these items, return to ShopUW+ shopping home, and use the general search bar to see what supplier offers those items.
- Use search field to find items.
- As you search for items, compare price, quantity, and delivery date to make sure item meets your needs and timeline. Please chose the least expensive option that meets your needs, you are using University funds and should strive to be a good steward of those funds.
- Once you find an item that meet your needs, add it to your cart.
- Once you have added an item to your cart you be asked to Review and Checkout or Continue Shopping.
- Once you have added the final item you want to order, select the Review and Checkout button
- At the Cart Review - you can adjust quantities or remove items as needed, once satisfied hit Submit Order
- You have now moved from the Staples site back to the ShopUW+ system
- Do a second review of the item(s) in your cart, if all are correct Click the Assign Cart button at the top, right of the header
- If you have set up the assign cart default, the person listed should be who is going to receive the cart, you can also use the search button to select a different staff member
- Use the Notes field to let person know what program the items are for, where they need to be shipped, and date needed