OA Cash Handling
Updated cash handling processes for Orientation Assistants and Operations Interns.
Orientation Assistants - Cash handling during check in
- Pick up change each morning from Union South. You should have $___ available for both Union South and the residence hall check-in location.
- Take cash, check or credit card payments from SOAR attendees who still need to pay,
- If there is a student/guest disputing charges:
4. Return change fund [cash to make change] to Union South at the end of each check-in period. There should never be cash or checks left overnight at the residence hall.
- Give credit [refund] request information to attendees who are challenging amount due (do NOT take payment from SOAR attendees in these situations)
- If a guest is no longer attending, or another change has been approved, do not edit the reservation itself (i.e. do not remove the guest from the reservation); you should leave the information in that person's reservation, and CFYE will credit the account. This only applies to changes made less than a week out from SOAR, or after their SOAR session.
update SOAR registration of attendee to reflect receipt of payment.
SOAR Operations Intern
- Fill out green "drawer opening" slip and make sure it matching "drawer closing" slip from the night before (should be the amount deposited the day before plus the $200 change fund)
- Check all payments received at both sites (Union South & residence halls)
- Make sure all credit card sales have receipts, get those in numerical order,
- Check that cash and check sales have been recorded correctly in SOAR reservation system, enter them in Excel spreadsheet
- Make sure change fund from both US and Residence Hall is in the locked drawer and each contain $100 (you can take bills from the deposit envelopes to make this happen
- Count back Change fund, make sure it is correct, make change from deposit, or from credit union to return it to a small dollar denominations
- Review refund request e-mails and forward to Assistant Director for Orientation if appropriate. These should not go to the Coordinator of Orientation Operations to maintain separation of duties.
- Fill out green "drawer closing" slip and make sure it is the amount deposited that day plus the $200 in the change fund. Lock all deposit envelopes and change money in black box.