Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: PowerPoint equations misaligned
When an equation is created in PowerPoint using the Insert > Equations feature, those equations will appear misaligned when the PowerPoint file is uploaded to the Whiteboard in Collaborate Ultra with the Google Chrome browser. This article provides options to work around the issue.
- Create an equation in a Microsoft PowerPoint document using the Insert > Equations feature.
- Using the Google Chrome browser, upload the PowerPoint file to the Whiteboard in a Collaborate Ultra session.
- Note that the equation appears misaligned on the Whiteboard.
- Use the Microsoft Equation Editor to create equations in MS PowerPoint rather than the Insert > Equations feature. Note that the MS Equation Editor is not available in all versions of PowerPoint.
- Save a copy of the PowerPoint file using the PowerPoint Picture Presentation (.pptx) format and upload this copy of the document to the Collaborate Ultra session. Note that this format flattens each of the slides down to an image file which will greatly reduce the ability to further edit the slides going forward. As such, it is recommended to save a copy of the file in this format and maintain a copy of the original file as well. Also note that this format is not available in all versions of PowerPoint.
- Export the slides in the PowerPoint document to image files, then upload the images to the Whiteboard rather than the PowerPoint document itself.