Resetting camera settings on Canon XF400
How to reset the camera and menu settings on the Canon XF400
The IMC maintains online versions of recommended camera settings used in Comm Arts classes (in UW Box). To access the settings for the XF400, follow these steps:
- Insert an SD card into the computer's SD slot or an attached SD Card reader.
- Move all folders and files on SD card into the trash bin and **empty the trash bin** (not emptying the trash will cause the process to fail).
- Open the UW Box folder containing the settings for the various camera models and select the folder titled "Canon XF400".
- Download the folder entitled "PRIVATE" and copy it directly into the root directory of the SD card.
- Safely eject the SD card from the computer.
To load the settings, make sure to have the XF400 camera properly powered and follow these steps:
- Insert SD card into camera slot B. This process will not work if the card is in slot A.
- Turn on the camera and press the MENU button on the back of the camera to open the menu.
- Navigate to the wrench icon within the menu (either by touching the LCD screen or using the joystick near the MENU button).
- Navigate to the fourth (4) subpage within the wrench menu.
- Select "Backup Menu Settings."
- Select "Load." If the "Load" option is grayed out, it means some other step in the process was not completed correctly.