Dana Dolly
Contents of Dana Dolly Kit
OVERVIEW OF THE KIT:
HOW TO SET UP?
[IMPORTANT NOTES: NEVER PLACE THE DANA DOLLY TRACKS & DANA ON THE GROUND TO AVOID DIRT AND OTHER MATERIAL ON TRACKS AND WHEELS; MAKE SURE THE PLACE IS CLEAN, DRY, & FLAT] -- IT IS BEST TO SETUP WITH 2 PEOPLE]
- Place the "Baby Rail Mount(s)" with the junior pin facing up on the ground opposite to each other with the appropriate length of distance and insert tracks through both ends; lock and screw the four ends tight.
- Set up and adjust two of the "Dana Dolly Stands" to the desired height you want to have the tracks at. With one person on each end of the track lift up and flip over so junior pins are facing down, place them in the junior receiver holes entirely. Lock the pins into the stands. At this point, you can use a "Level" in the AC Kit to check if the tracks are level horizontally.
- Place the "Center Support Bar" onto the third "Dana Dolly Stand." Raise the support in the center of the tracks to give support and balance. Please remember NOT to raise the tracks above where they are supposed to rest. Lock stand.
- Place the "Dana Dolly Shuttle" on the tracks. Make sure all wheels are aligned correctly on the rails and dolly runs smoothly.
- For a Sachtler 100mm tripod, which is what we use in CA659, place the 100mm "Tripod Head/Bowl Adapter" on top of the "Dana Dolly Shuttle." Unscrew the tripod head off of the tripod stand and place the "Tripod Head" into the "Tripod Head/Bowl Adapter." Place the "Washer" and the bottom black cup screw (from the original tripod lock down) under the shuttle on the tripod threading. Screw and secure tight.
- After assembling, leveling, and locking down the tripod head, be sure the "Dana Dolly Shuttle" does not hit any support and runs smoothly along the track. To prevent the dolly from sliding left and right, simply push the "Dana Dolly Shuttle" to one end of the track and put a sandbag next to it on one of the tracks to secure.