Post-4 Pro Tools Preamp Control Setup
In most circumstances, the preamp controls for Post-4 should already be configured and ready to use. If needed, you can use the steps below to confirm that everything is configured properly and correct any errors you may find.
- Open the Audio MIDI Setup app, which is shown on the dock:
- Go to Window > Show MIDI Studio:
- Select the Commarts preset from the drop down menu:
- In Pro Tools, if you still don't get preamp controls per mic track:
- Open the Setup menu > Peripherals, and go to the Mic Preamps track:
- Make sure #1 is listed as PRE (it should be, by default). If not, make sure PRE is set in all three dropdown menus. Choose Channel 1 in all instances.
- Open the Setup menu > I/O and go to the Mic Preamps tab
- Make sure the PRE #1 is checked