Topics Map > Human Resources
Topics Map > Onboarding
Computer Sciences - Human Resources - Performance Management, PMDP System
All CS permanent Academic and University staff are required to take part in performance management with their supervisor.
The College of Letters and Science is utilizing a tool to administer and track performance reviews – the tool is called PMDP.
Here is a link to the Employee Page: https://pmdp.hr.wisc.edu. You can also get there through My UW>>PMDP tile. This is UW Net ID authenticated.
Here is a link to the Supervisor Dashboard: https://pmdp.hr.wisc.edu/Dashboard.aspx#. You can also get there through My UW>>PMDP tile. This is UW Net ID authenticated.
Here is a link to the supervisors and employee training manual from the L&S KB Administrative Gateway:https://kb.wisc.edu/images/group86/shared/PMDPSupervisorandEmployeeTrainingforLS(2).pdf
From the manual, this tool is meant to track five performance activities:
- Thirty Day Conversation
- Midpoint Probation Conversation
- Summary Probation Evaluation
- Midpoint Conversation
- Summary Evaluation
The thirty day and probation activities are for new employees only; midpoint and summary are for ongoing employees.
In general, the main steps for each evaluation are:
- Supervisor needs to create the correct type of performance activities for an employee.
- Supervisor begins performance evaluation for an employee.
- Employee may be asked via email (depending on type of evaluation) to complete the self-evaluation.
- Supervisor completes the evaluation.
If you have questions about performance management or PMDP, contact Lance Potter.