Topics Map > InfoBlox General Info
Topics Map > DDI Pilot
Infoblox: Add a Host (Forward, Reverse, DHCP)
A host record can combine DNS forward, DNS reverse and DHCP into a single step.
* Navigate to Data Management -> DHCP -> Networks -> Network. Choose the network you wish to add a host to.
* Note: you can also do this via the "Data Management -> DNS" tab. If you do, be sure to click "Toggle flat view" to make the auto completion search boxes more efficient
* Click the '+' sign. Choose 'Host'
* Add Host Wizard: Step 1 of 3
- Choose your forward zone
- Choose 'Enable in DNS'
- Hit '+' next to IPv4 or IPv6 addresses as appropriate. Supply MAC Address and click 'DHCP' if appropriate (DHCP fixed-address).
- Normally you can just click Save & Close. You may choose next to step through extensible attributes and delayed scheduling (not documented here)
- If applicable, you will need to restart DHCP for your changes to take affect.
- Finish by following procedures at: Infoblox: Restart services