INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST - PLANT PATHOLOGY
This position supports the teaching program of the Department of Plant Pathology. The incumbent will coordinate the laboratory portions and support the lecturer for the following courses: PP123, Plants, Parasites and People and PP300, Introduction to Plant Pathology.
PVL # 89464
Instructional Specialist - Plant Pathology
INSTRUCTIONAL SPEC(S48DN) or ASSOC INSTRUCTNL SPEC(S48FN)
MS in plant pathology, botany, microbiology, or related field required.
At least one semester of instructional lab experience required. Familiarity with plant pathology, microbiology, and/or plant sciences laboratory experience is essential.
Prefix level and salary will be determined at time of hire, based on level of experience and education.
80% Coordinate laboratory portions, execute laboratory activities, and support class lecturer for both Plant Pathology/Botany 123 and Plant Pathology 300.
- Teach approximately two lab sections per semester
- Assist with grading, course record-keeping, and course websites
- Provide professional development in the area of teaching to personnel assisting with the course
20% Department support and engagement
- Maintain shared departmental instructional resources such as culture collections, specimens, and computer image files
- Support departmental teaching program and assist with new curriculum development
- Engage with campus and national STEM teaching community
The position available date reflects a target start date. The actual start date is flexible and may be negotiated.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
Full Time Salary Rate:
Minimum $30,207 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
This is a renewable appointment.
Anticipated begin date:
MAY 01, 2017
Number of Positions:
Application must be received by: MARCH 05, 2017
To apply for this position please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be required to upload a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references.
Questions about the position can be directed to:
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.