Topics Map > Career Opportunities
Education and Broadening Participation Manager
Education and Broadening Participation Manager STROBE NSF Science and Technology Center University of Colorado Boulder
Quick link: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=08894&lang=en
We seek to fill a full time Education and Broadening Participation Manager position within the new National Science Foundation STROBE Science and Technology Center for Real-Time Functional Imaging. The successful candidate will serve as the day-to-day project manager for STROBE activities directed to education and broadening participation.
STROBE is a partnership of University of Colorado Boulder, UC Berkley, UC Los Angeles, UC Irvine, Fort Lewis College, and Florida International University. The mission of Strobe is to create powerful and broadly-applicable real time nano-to-atomic scale imaging modalities to advance imaging science and increase access, that can be used to address grand challenges in science and technology, while building a diverse STEM workforce. In addition to research, STROBE emphasizes knowledge transfer, education and broadening participation in the STEM workforce. For more information about STROBE, visit STROBE.colorado.edu
The goals of STROBE's Education and Broadening Participation efforts are to develop, implement, assess and disseminate new education programs, innovative instructional materials, and models for other programs that inspire and prepare a diverse group of students to be innovative and globally competitive in imaging science and technology. STROBE will create unique learning approaches and experiences in imaging science through the four core and integrated programmatic approaches described below, that focus on transforming graduate programs, developing new pathways for those underrepresented in our fields, efforts in communication and engaging the public, and developing models for transdisciplinary STEM education.
The major strategic areas of focus of the EBP activities and programming are as follows:
1) Graduate Education: Create transformative graduate programs in imaging science that are adapted to current and future students and opportunities to prepare them for a full range of career options including academe, industry, national laboratories and entrepreneurship
2) Educational Pathways: Establish closely coordinated partnerships and programs that increase the overall number and success of a diverse group of students, especially women, first generation university students, and underrepresented minorities in Imaging Sciences
3) Communication & the Public: Enhance the communication and collaboration skills of all Center members through training and experience
4) Modeling Learning & Transformation: Develop and implement a model for transdisciplinary STEM education that promotes and sustains a culture of diversity, inclusion, success and adaptability through research on learning and systemic change in imaging sciences
We seek a team member to serve as day-to-day operational manager and coordinator of a diverse portfolio of educational and broadening activities. The EBP Manager will be supervised by the Director of Education, in partnership with the Center Leadership team. The scope of work will include the following:
- Implement, enhance, and report on the activities and actions of the STROBE Strategic Plan in order to attain the strategic EBP outcomes listed above
- Integrate and implement Center-wide education and outreach efforts, including existing site-specific (local) activities and new cross-institutional collaborations and projects, taking advantage of the unique opportunities available at different partner institutions
- Proactively engage with all Center members to integrate education with the research and knowledge transfer thrusts of STROBE
- Cultivate, grow, and maintain external partnerships to achieve the Center's strategic objectives
- Manage routine operations of the educational program, including: encouraging communication and coordination among team members, including regular team meetings; overseeing data collection and reporting on EBP outcomes
- Communicate and disseminate EBP efforts through writing, web, public talks, and other media
- Expand STROBE EBP efforts through proposals or by other means.
The successful candidate will be an employee of CU Boulder. The initial appointment will be for 24 months, renewable subject to University policies and the availability of funding.