Wireless Network Setup on Windows 7 Personal Devices
Tutorial for setting up WIDMIR Wireless on Windows 7 for non-domain machines.
How to Set Up WIDMIR Wireless
Before you start:
This process only applies to computers that are not part of the domain (personal computers) running Windows 7. All other computers can connect the same way you would to any network.
- Click on the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click Open Network and Sharing Center
- When the Network and Sharing Center Window opens, select Manage wireless networks.
- Click Add.
- Select manually create a network profile.
- In the network name box enter WIDMIR. Select WPA2-Enterprise from the security type dropdown menu. Select AES from the encryption type dropdown menu. Check the start this connection automatically checkbox if you would like Windows to automatically connect to the WIDMIR network when it is in range. Then click next.
- Click change connection settings.
- Click on the security tab.
- Select Microsoft: Protection EAP (PEAP) from the dropdown menu and then click Settings.
- Make sure that the Validate server certificate box is unchecked. Then, choose Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) form the Select Authentication Method dropdown menu. Next, hit the configure button.
- Uncheck the box that says “Automatically use my Windows logon name…” and then click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Click the advanced settings button.
- Check the box that says Specify authentication mode, choose User authentication from the dropdown menu, and click OK.
- Click OK again.
- A Windows notification should appear in the lower right corner of your screen saying that “Additional information is needed to connect to WIDMIR.” When you see this, click on the wireless icon.
- A box will pop up asking for your username and password. Enter your Morgridge username and password and click OK.
- You should now be connected to the WIDMIR network!