Poster Printing: Acrobat on Windows (HP Printer)
The following are instructions for printing posters on a DiscoverIT Plotter using Windows in Adobe Acrobat.
- Two poster printers are located in the hallway near IT.
- You must use one of the computers in the hallway to print to the plotters.
- The maximum paper width our printers can use is 42".
- If you have trouble printing or need additional paper, please enter the IT room and someone from will be happy to assist you.
- The printers warn very early about being low on ink. We monitor these levels and your poster will still print correctly.
Open the file
Go to File --> Properties
Go to File --> Print
Make sure the box is unchecked then click Properties
Make sure that the print quality is set to Speed.
Select your size using the drop-down menu. If you do not see your size, click More
If you still do not see your size, then go back to the first size selection and click Custom
Give the size an appropriate name and enter the desired height and width for your poster. NOTE: The width must be smaller than the height.
Click Save and then OK
Your new custom size should now be available from the dropdown menu
Set the Orientation to Landscape for posters that are wider than they are tall or Portrait for posters that are taller than they are wide
Click OK and then Print