Topics Map > WID Staff
Topics Map > Discovery Building
Discovery Building Visitor Registry
The Discovery Visitor Register allows for visitors to be admitted to the secured access areas of the building by the Welcome Desk staff without a building occupant meeting the visitor on the 1st floor.
The Visitor Register is available from the Discovery Building network at: http://intranet.morgridge.net/TownCenter/Lists/Visitor%20Register/AllItems.aspx
- The Visitor Register is available Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. If a visitor will be arriving outside of these hours, please do not add them to the Visitor Register.
- The Visitor Register is name, date and time specific. Visitors must be listed by name and if visitors will be in the building over multiple days, they must be added to the Visitor Register for each day that they will need to be granted main stairs/elevator access by the Welcome Desk staff.
- If visitors are attending a meeting or event in the secured access areas of the building, please put the name of the meeting or the name of the event in the “Name of Person/Meeting Expecting Visitor” field. This allows the Welcome Desk staff to quickly identify the visitor in the Visitor Register.
- Please provide your visitors with a room number, the Welcome Desk directory does not include a listing of room numbers. Maps are posted on each floor near the elevators.
- If a visitor arrives and their name is on the Visitor Register, the visitor will be admitted to the main stairs/elevator. You will NOT be contacted when your visitor arrives.
- If a visitor arrives and is not on the Visitor Register, the Welcome Desk staff will call you at the number listed in the Welcome Desk phone directory. If you do not answer or if the Welcome Desk phone directory does not include a phone number for you, the visitor will not be admitted to the main stairs/elevator.
- If you do not want a visitor to be admitted to the stairs or elevator please do NOT put them on the Visitor Register.
- Occupants are responsible for entering their own visitors to the Visitor Register. Please do not contact the Welcome Desk and ask them to add visitors to the Visitor Register.
- If you wish to verify or edit your contact information in the Welcome Desk phone directory, please contact the IT department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org