ECMS - User and administrator accounts and requirements
[Doc 8386 is unavailable at this time.]
This document explains ECMS user and administrator accounts and requiremets
Account request procedure and requirements
- All manual account requests must be made via the JIRA process for ImageNow (see https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=41763)
- In addition to the information required for account creation listed at https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=41763 a requested user must have a valid appointment at the requesting institution at the time of the account request. If you need an Imaging account for someone without an appointment at the requesting institution, you will need to secure a "Person of Interest" (POI) status for that person. For more information on POI status see https://kb.wisc.edu/15636
- Most Imaging user account requests require a completed end-user compliance form available at https://kb.wisc.edu/ecms/78768
- Normal user account requests (including optional privileges) must be approved by the business unit’s data custodian.
- Administrator account requests must be approved by the Imaging Team.
User accountsUser account privileges vary and are determined by the custodian of the data who created your account request. User accounts in the Imaging system are used to process documents in workflow and batches, scan and link documents, search and view documents.
Naming format for user accounts (see Login to Perceptive Content Desktop Client)
- UW-Madison and UW-Extension user accounts:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: netid password
- UW-Milwaukee user accounts:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: pantherid password
Optional privileges for user accounts
- Members of the Z_departmental_Global_Limited group can create and edit the following, if the user has additionally the express "Manage" privilege for the object or has created the object:
- Application plans (see Perceptive Content Fundamentals - Application Plans)
- Annotations (see Perceptive Content Fundamentals - Annotations)
- Capture profiles (see Perceptive Content Fundamentals - Capture Profiles)
- Document views (see Perceptive Content Fundamentals - Views)
- Workflow Manager privileges (see Perceptive Content Fundamentals - What is a Workflow Process?)
- Process privilege granted to specific workspaces: create, edit and configure workflow queues in the specific workspace
- Business Insight (BI) (see Business Insight Use)
- Access to run BI reports created for departmental admins
Administrator accountsAdministrator accounts are used to create and administer workflow queues, application plans, views and annotations in the Imaging system. Administrators also add/remove users/groups to workflow queues, and create or administer document types and custom properties.
Naming format for administrator accounts
- UW-Madison and UW-Extension admins:
- Username: netid
- Password: netid password
- UW-Milwaukee admin:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: pantherid-a password
Administrator accounts cannot
- Log in to Perceptive Experience (see Perceptive Experience - Overview and Getting Started)
- Create or view documents.