ECMS - Opening PDF (PDF/a) causes Perceptive Content client to crash
This document addresses an error that can occur in Perceptive Content when opening a PDF document.
[Doc 8386 content is unavailable at this time.]
Opening PDF (PDF/a) causes Perceptive Content client to crash.
- as of June 2021, In the Adobe application:
- Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) check the "Enable Protected Mode at startup" box
- As of November 2020 the root cause is one or more issues with the Adobe product installed on the user's computer, with a fix addressed in the linked Hyland TSKB's:
- The above changes may need to be re-applied when Adobe updates its products again.
- Per RSP, the registry changes appears to have worked for one of the affected users (Hyland TSKB-000012369). However, Perceptive continued to crash for one of the RSP staff until she applied the Adobe client preference changes from (Hyland TSKB-000006313).