Online Collaboration Tools
Faculty, Staff, and Students have a variety of UW-supported online tools available for meeting and teaching online. The only requirements to use these tools are a computer with a video camera and microphone, which most laptops have built-in, and an internet connection.
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard Collaborate is integrated into the Canvas course system. It allows for many forms of group interaction and collaboration in an online session.
- Google Meet (Hangouts)
- Google Meet allows students, faculty, and staff to schedule and initiate videoconferences, using almost any device.
- Kaltura Capture can record video, audio, and/or screen captures that are easily integrated into Canvas courses.
- Due to safeguards on student data, the only solution for recording group classes is Blackboard Collaborate.
- MERIT is supporting dissertators who will use Webex for their dissertation defense.