MERIT and WCER IT staff can advise you on appropriate campus storage options for your restricted data.
MERIT and WCER Technical Services are here to help you securely store and access your restricted research data. Restricted data (like HIPAA or PCI data) require special controls be in place on both the server and the endpoint to comply with laws and policy. See the campus guide for handling sensitive and restricted data: https://it.wisc.edu/learn/guides/handling-sensitive-university-data/
We recommend ResearchDrive for securely storing your restricted research data. Benefits include:
- Approved for hosting restricted data
- No/Low cost - 5 TB free, additional storage at $200 per TB per year
- On campus, permanent secure storage
- PI controls data access
- Self-service file restores
- PI fills out ResearchDrive request form, indicating
- data classification type
- IT contact name as "MERIT/WCER"
- IT email address as "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- MERIT or WCER IT staff will receive a copy of your survey and reach out directly to confirm your data classification and secure your computer endpoint.
- DoIT provisions the storage for your use.
For a complete overview see, "ResearchDrive - Getting Started."
Please contact email@example.com for additional assistance.