EMS (SOE) - Requesting a SOE Meeting Room
This article demonstrates how to request a School of Education meeting room.
School of Education meeting rooms are available for anyone to request. If you can not log in, or do not see SoE Meeting Rooms as an option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a SoE Meeting Room Request1. Go to http://education.ems.wisc.edu
- UW-Madison faculty, staff, or students - follow the "Log in here" link on the left to log in with your NetID.
- Non-UW-Madison individuals must follow the link on the right for an external account.
2. After logging, you will see the main page for SOE's EMS website
3. To request a SOE Meeting Room, hover over "Reservations" and select "SOE Meeting Room Request" from the drop down menu
4. On the request screen, enter the date of your request, along with the
start time and end time for your event.
- Be sure to enter the expected attendance in the "Attendance" field - EMS will only show you rooms that match the size you need.
- If you are requesting a recurring event, click on the "Recurrence" button next to the date field and enter the date pattern for your request(s).
- You can choose a building under "Facilities", if you are looking for space in a specific building. Or you can select "all" and search acrossmultiple SOE buildings. (Please note that EMS room requests are limited to Education, Teacher Education, and Lathrop only)
5. Click the "Find Space" button and you will see a grid of the rooms and times that are available. The vertical, gray bar shows your requested time.
6. To select a room for your request, click on the " + " to the left of the room name.
- This will add that room to your "Selected Locations" at the top of the screen.
- To remove a "Selected Location" from that list, click the red " x " to the left of the date.
7. After selecting an available room, click on the "Details" tab near the top of the screen.
- Enter the event name, event type, and your contact information.
- Event Name - type in a name for your event. Please note that this will be viewed online and on printed schedules
- Event Type - select an event type from this drop-down menu
- Organization - select your organization from this drop-down menu
- 1st Contact - select "(temporary contact)" from this drop-down menu
- Name - type your name in this field
- Phone and Fax - these are optional fields
- Email - type your email address in this field
- When the detail information is complete, click the "Submit Reservation" button.
8. You will then see a reservation summary page.
9. After the request is submitted, it is reviewed by SOE Building Services staff. You will receive a confirmation notice via email when the request is confirmed. The reservation is not confirmed until that notice is delivered.