Topics Map > Eloqua > Audience > Contacts
Eloqua - Using the CL2 method
If you are part of the CL2 pilot program, these upload directions are for you.
IMPORTANT: If you are part of the CL2 pilot program, you will want to change your field mapping when uploading contacts, and these directions are for you. If you are not in the CL2 pilot program, or you don't know what CL2 means, please do not use these directions, but instead use Eloqua - Uploading your contacts into the database.
|To upload contacts, you must have an Excel document or .csv file with|
at least the following data, in two separate columns:
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Firefox and navigate to login.eloqua.com. Sign into UWMADISON using SSO (your NetID credentials).
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper left corner of the screen. Select Audience and then Contacts.
- On the next screen, click the Upload button.
- You will be taken to the Contact Upload Wizard.
- If you want to name your list, type a title in the Name: field.
- If you will be uploading a file other than an Excel spreadsheet, change the dropdown next to Import Source:.
- Leave Import Purpose: and Presets: alone.
- Click the cloud to upload your contacts file. (Note: If you have a multisheet Excel document, only the first sheet will be imported.)
- In the window that pops up, navigate to where your contacts file is saved and click Open.
- You will be taken to Step 2 of the Contact Upload Wizard, where you will see a preview of your data. Check it over, and if everything looks fine, click Next Step.
- In Step 3 of the Contact Upload Wizard, you will be asked to map your Source Fields (the columns of your contacts file) to the Target Field (fields on the contact records in Eloqua). Eloqua will attempt to match your columns to its fields. Leave Uniquely Match Contacts On: as Email Address.
Ensure that your CL2 source field is mapped to the CL2 field.
- In the last step of the Contact Upload Wizard, you will select if you are notified when the upload is complete.
If you want to receive an email when the upload is complete, type your email address in the field under Send Upload Notification To:.
- Make sure Place Contacts into a Shared Contact List and Create in folder are both checked.
- Navigate to your folder.
- Click Finish.
Eloqua will upload your contacts to your desired Shared List, and you will receive an email from support@eloqua with the subject line, The contacts requested have been successfully uploaded. This email will outline how many contacts were added as new contacts and how many existing contacts were edited.
- You can find this list of contacts in Shared Lists, by going to the main menu and selecting Audience, then Tools > and Shared Lists. Then navigate to your folder. You can rename, copy, move, delete or open lists in this view.
Don't forget that it may take 15 minutes or more for the contacts to appear, if they do not already have your Contact Label.
Find out more about the types of data you can upload to your contact record in Eloqua - Uploading data to contact records. If you need to upload custom data about your contacts, please contact the Marketing Automation Team.