If you had a campaign with a high number of exclusions, you may want to resend your content to the contacts who didn't receive it the first time.
Find your email campaign's exclusions
First, you want to figure out who did not receive your email and create a new segment with those excluded contacts.
- Open the email campaign by going to Orchestration > Campaigns and navigating to the activated campaign (send) that had a lot of exclusions. You must go to the campaign, not the email or segment.
- You will see a red bar with the number excluded in the upper right corner. Click View Participants.
- In the window that pops up, click Excluded. Then click the Export button in the bottom right corner.
Make sure your email address will receive the report and click Export again.
- You will receive an email from Eloqua Automated Mailer with a download link. Make sure you open the link in Firefox, so you don't have to log in again. You can right-click the blue Download button and select Copy Hyperlink, then paste it into the address bar of Firefox. Your Excel document will download. This is what you'll use to create your segment.
- Upload the downloaded spreadsheet and add it to a segment using the following directions:
- Save your segment.
Duplicate your email
Eloqua will not send the same email to the same address twice. Even if it excluded an address, it counts as an attempted send and won't work if you try to send the same email.
- Open the email you sent and go to File > Save As. Save it as a new file, ensuring the ID number (string of numbers at end of URL in address bar) is different.
- In Email Settings (found in the control panel on the left side of the screen):
- Make sure the email group is the same as before in your new email.
- Ensure the Sender Name and Sender Email Address are correct. Your Sender Email Address must end in @explore.wisc.edu.
- Change the reply-to address and name.
- If you need more help with Email Settings, please see Eloqua - Email settings when using Design Editor.
- Now create and activate a campaign with the new email and new segment you just created. Make sure you select the new segment and new email.
- Don't forget the Presend Checklist!