Topics Map > Online Learning > InterPro Credit Learners
InterPro - Online Learning - InterPro Credit Learners - How to Purchase, Download, and Install Parallels for Mac
This document explains how to download and install Parallels on a Mac.
Note, this installation requires a Windows 10 install ISO. Windows 10 is available to current students for free via Microsoft Azure. Please see this page if you have not yet downloaded the Windows ISO: InterPro - Online Learning - InterPro Credit Learners - How to Download Windows 10 Education via Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
- Purchase a Parallels Desktop for Mac Student edition subscription and follow the instructions from Parallels to download the software installer.
- Note: Once purchased, make sure to keep the license key in case you need it again.
- Download the installer file
- Double click on the installer file to start the installation.
- Press Install on the main installer page.
- NOTE: You may need to log into your computer as an administrator to install Parallels.
- In Parallels Desktop, navigate to File > New...
- In the Installation Assistant window, select Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file in the center of the screen and press Continue.
- In the bottom center of the Installation Assistant page, select Find Automatically.
- Make sure you have your Windows 10 Education file selected and press Continue.
- Enter your Windows License Key and press Continue.
- Select Design as your primary use and press Continue.
- Choose the name and location you want for the file.
- NOTE: Selecting Create alias on Mac desktop is recommended for ease of use.
- Once the program is finished installing, open "Parallels" and wait for Windows to start up and it will be ready to use.
- NOTE: Windows may take 15-20 minutes to start up the first time it runs