Topics Map > Technology > Systems
Topics Map > EPD Instructor Resources > Course Technologies > Blackboard Ultra
EPD - Technology - Web Conferencing - Connecting to Blackboard Ultra using a Guest Link
This document provides an overview for learners attending EPD web conferences using direct links to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Blackboard Ultra is based on HTML5 and WebRTC, so you don't need to install Java or a launcher. It works in all web browsers; for the best experience, use Chrome or Firefox (versions 52+). See Browser Support and System requirements for more info.
This document provides directions for accessing the web conference via a guest link provided by email. If you are attending an EPD course that requires a username and password to access a course site, please see EPD Online Courses - How to Access Blackboard Ultra Web Conferencing.
Connect to a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra web conference using a guest link.
- Click the link provided via email by the Program Director or Course Instructor
- Blackboard guest links are typically formatted like this: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/69w6xvvz2y234wyy85v55x801x6x8922
- The web conference will open in a new browser window. Enter your name and choose Join Session.
- If your browser prompts you to allow the microphone or camera, click allow.
- Follow the prompts to set up your microphone.
- If your browser prompts you to allow the camera, click allow.
- Follow the prompts to set up your camera.
- You may be prompted to start the Blackboard Ultra tutorial. Click later, or follow the tutorial if you would like an in-depth look.
- Once you've clicked on later, you have successfully entered the web conference.
Option A– Computer speakers and microphone/VoIP (Voice over IP):
Click the Share Audio button to use your computer's microphone/speakers to talk.
- Note: Headset or headphones with a microphone are recommended to prevent feedback.
- Important!: Please remember to always keep your microphone muted when you are not speaking
Option B– In-session dial-in via telephonePlease note that this method may be unreliable due to the strain on telephony systems during the Covid-19 pandemic. Many learners are experiencing issues dialing in via telephone at this time. Please try this option only if you are unable to connect using VoIP.
If you need to call in to the session rather than using VoIP, follow these instructions:
- Click on the settings gear to open the Settings panel.
- Click on the Use Your Phone for Audio link to access personal dial in information that will link your conference with the audio.
Note: If you are having trouble accessing the web conference via your web browser, you also have the option to use Anonymous Dial In if the course instructor has provided it.
Anonymous dial-in allows attendees to join the session by phone only, without connecting from a web browser. Anybody can use the same Anonymous dial-in. When Anonymous dial-in is used, the phone is not paired with the user account or profile, and the user’s name does not appear in the Attendees list; it appears as Caller-[last four digits of the phone number]. For example: Caller-2485.
For Technical Support
- Review EPD - Technology - Blackboard Ultra - Troubleshooting
- Review Blackboard Ultra Troubleshooting Help
- Check for system-wide problems on Blackboard Server Status Page ("Collaborate - Web Conferencing (US)")
- For urgent issues during a live session, or general questions or comments email:
- Email EPD Online Support.