Topics Map > EPD Instructor Resources > Teaching & Learning > Tools & Technology
Topics Map > EPD Instructor Resources > Course Technologies > Blackboard Ultra
EPD - Teaching & Learning - Tools & Technology - Blackboard Ultra
Blackboard Ultra is EPD's preferred web conferencing tool
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Blackboard Ultra is the preferred web conferencing tool for EPD and UW-Madison
EPD learners access Blackboard conferences either via a Canvas course site (for Credit and some Non-Credit Professional Development courses) or via a Guest Link.
EPD Instructors and Program Directors access Blackboard via a Canvas course site.
Application and Limitations
Blackboard integrates with Canvas via an LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability), which means that learners accessing via Canvas have a seamless experience logging in to the web conference, participating, and accessing web conference recordings.
Blackboard fulfills all needs for course conferencing except for extremely large courses (100+ attendees) because of its telephony limitations. If a course may require more than 25 dial in lines, please contact Online Support to discuss alternatives.
Moderating/Presenting a Web Conference within Ultra
- EPD Online Courses - Blackboard Ultra Web Conferencing
- InterPro - Online Learning - Web Conferencing - Web Conferencing Best Practices
- Share Application and Audio/Visual Feeds (from Blackboard)
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra - Student Engagement During Live Web Conferences
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra: How to Manage Breakout Groups
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra: View Attendance Report for a Web Conference (Instructor Resource)
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra Quick Start for EPD Online Instructors
- Introduction to Moderating in Blackboard Ultra (from Blackboard)
- Sharing/Displaying Powerpoint Files with Blackboard Ultra (from Blackboard)
- Using Breakout Groups (from Blackboard)
- How to Share files with Breakout Groups (from Blackboard)
- Sharing Audio/Video in Ultra(from Blackboard)
- Note: On a Mac, users may share a video with audio in Ultra as long as they are viewing the video using Chrome or Edge. The moderator/presenter must select the Share audio checkbox to enable sound. On Windows, user can share their entire screen, and share audio from any application. Please follow the instructions for more details.
Resources for Students
- Introduction and Orientation for Blackboard Ultra - Recorded Presentation (Accessing Session via Guest Link)
- EPD - Blackboard Ultra: How to Find Web Conference Archived Recordings
- EPD - Technology - Web Conferencing - Connecting to Blackboard Ultra using a Guest Link
- EPD - Course Technologies - Blackboard Ultra - Video Introduction to Blackboard Ultra via a Canvas Course (for courses using Canvas for student engagement)