Topics Map > EPD Instructor Resources > Teaching & Learning > Instructional Design > Design & Development
EPD - Instructor Resources - Design & Development
EPD Instructor Resources
Creating Effective Learning Experiences
Below are a series of resources that will be helpful as instructional activities are selected and created, course materials, learning technologies, and lessons for courses or modules. During this process it is useful to continually refer back to a list of defined competencies, and the instructional goals and objectives that were previously developed. This will help provide direction and focus as the instructional process moves forward.
A note about assessment. With any course or module, the learner should be reassured that they are accomplishing the desired outcomes throughout the course. In fact, with most forms of learning there is a need to allow the learner and instructor to see and understand how learners are progressing throughout the course. This is a reminder that the entire ISD process is holistic and iterative, so please be aware of all phases in the design process and start building the assessment into the course during the design and development phase. It is also important to keep in mind the importance of alignment of objectives - activities - and assessments throughout the entire design process.
- Writing content
- An excellent website from BCIT with resources for Development, Delivery and Assessment
- What the best college teachers do, Dr. Ken Bain
- Designing and implementing e-learning
- Instructional activities: Classroom Assessment Techniques (CAT)
- Effective assessment
- A Primer: Diagnostic, Formative and Summative Assessment
- Authentic assessment overview
- What is authentic assessment?