Topics Map > EPD Instructor Resources > Course Technologies > Blackboard Ultra
EPD Online Courses - Blackboard Ultra Web Conferencing
Getting started with Blackboard Ultra
Blackboard Ultra Important Links
- System requirements and device support
- Supported web browsers
- Currently, for the fullest experience, use Google Chrome, the latest version of Microsoft Edge, or Firefox. Safari is partially supported.
- In particular, to use the screensharing feature, users must currently use the Google Chrome web browser, the latest version of Edge, or Firefox.
- Blackboard Ultra does not support Internet Explorer
- Blackboard Ultra Troubleshooting Help
Mobile Device Access (iPhone, iPad and Android)
| To access Blackboard Ultra on a Mobile Device|
Blackboard Ultra User Introductions
- Participant Introduction
- Moderator Introduction
- More information on user Roles for BbC Ultra
Blackboard Ultra Feature Highlights
- Built-in VoIP audio & hi-def video
- Dynamic adjustments according to bandwidth and network access
- Ability to record sessions
- Ability to manage and promote participants
- Teleconferencing (Telephony)
- A basic whiteboard and other collaborative tools
- Ability to share content including documents (pdf, images, ppt), application/screen sharing, and collaborative whiteboard
- Accessibility Features
- Blackboard Ultra provides access through three different roles. Depending on the particular setup of the web conference room, you may access a particular BbC Ultra web conference room as one of three possible roles; 1) Participant, 2) Presenter, or 3) Moderator. The setup depends on the instructor preference for the course.
- Web Conference Session Best Practices (for Participants)
- Web Conference Session Best Practices (for Moderators)
Troubleshooting Tips for Connection Issues
- Check your wifi/Internet connection. Can you load another website in your web browsers?
- Completely quit the web browser and try re-joining the session.
- Try connecting with a different web browser. As we've mentioned Chrome and Firefox are best, and have the fewest problems.
- Try connecting from a different location (network) to see if that fixes the issue. Sometimes corporate firewalls block some Internet connections.
- Use the Troubleshooting tips above.
- Verify that your web browser preferences are set to allow audio and video. [ Instructions for Chrome | Instructions for Firefox ]
- Check to make sure your USB headset or earbuds are functioning properly.
99.9% of the time one of the steps above will fix the issue. Otherwise keep moving through.
- Checking that your system audio preferences are set to use proper input and output
- Completing restarting your computer or mobile device
Other connection and audio workarounds to use if you don’t have time and need to just participate in the web conference, and then do troubleshooting later.
- Use the telephone dial-in option
- Use the anonymous dial-in option
- Try connecting from a different device. If you are trying on computer, then try connecting using on a mobile device by navigating to the link from a tablet or smart phone.
For additional technical support with Blackboard Ultra, EPD online students and instructors have several options.
- For urgent issues during a live session:
- For non-urgent and non-critical issues and feedback
- For general questions or comments, EPD online students and instructors can contact EPD Learning Design & Technologies Group for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.