Topics Map > Online Learning > Teaching Resources for Instructors
InterPro - Teaching Resources for Instructors - Online Credit Course - Conclusion Checklist
As your online course draws to completion, follow this checklist:
Approx. 1 week before the course ends
- Encourage learners to complete the course evaluation; use the Canvas Announcements or Discussion Forum tools, and/or remind them during the live web conference, if applicable. During the course evaluation period, students will also receive automated reminders from the AEFIS system. Students are directed to login to AEFIS at https://aefis.wisc.edu with their NetID credentials to complete their course evaluations.
When the course ends
- Calculate final grades in the Canvas Grades tool (unofficial)
- Submit final grades to the Registrar via MyUW Faculty Center (official)
>> Grade Rosters become available in Faculty Center the Thursday before the last day of class
>> See Final Grading Dates for exact dates for submitting final grades. As a general rule, in Fall and Spring, Final Grades are due 72 hours after the last final exam day. In Summer, Final Grades are due 72 hours after the last day of class.
- Personally reflect on course design and delivery; make note of any revisions and save them in your Box course development folder
- Review course evaluation results in AEFIS; Here's how to access the Evaluation Results
>> Instructors will automatically receive access to course evaluation results via AEFIS a few days after final grades are due
>> Instructors of record will receive an automated notification when course evaluation results become available
- Coordinate course review and reflection time with your lead LDT team member