Topics Map > Online Learning > Tools & Technology > Recorded Presentations
InterPro - Online Learning - Tools & Technology - Recorded Presentations - Exporting a Camtasia Project File to MP4 Video File
This document provides the basic process and settings for exporting Camtasia projects to MP4 (.mp4) video files on Camtasia 2018/2019. This is the final step in the creation process for recorded presentations.
Step 1 Confirm Audio Quality
Check the audio at the beginning, middle, and end of the presentation. Also make sure that the audio performs as expected through slide transitions.
Step 2 Adjust Canvas (if size is lower than 1920x1080) - Optional
It is best to have an HD quality video (1080 pixels), which means that the Canvas size should be at least 1920x1080. If the video's Canvas size is lower than that, adjust it up to 1920x1080.
If the dimensions (or Canvas size) need to be edited, go to Edit → Project Settings.
Click on the Dimensions box and select "1080p HD (1920x1080)" under Widescreen (16:9) options.
Step 3 Exporting the Presentation
Go to Share → Local File.
Step 4 Basic File Settings
Use the drop-down list to select "Export to MP4 (.mp4)". Enter a proper file name and choose where to export the file. Click Options next to access the video's Advanced Export Options.
Step 5 Advanced Export Options
1920x1080 is EPD's minimum recommended size. Make sure to preserve aspect ratio using the fit within size option.
Frame rate setting should be set as follows, depending on motion in the video. Lowering the frame rate can help reduce the file size in videos that contain slides only.
- Set as 7 frames per second for PowerPoint slide-based lecture video
- Set as 10-15 frames per second if there are PowerPoint animations in the video
- Set as 30 frames per second (or set to automatic) for videos with live action, people, talking head, movement, etc.
- Set to Automatic if unsure.
Profile setting can be set to Baseline or Main.
| Example Export Options for powerpoint-only||Example Export Options with some live-action video|
Step 6 Quality Check and View
Check the following to ensure desired product:
- Example file size
- Ex: A 20 minute slide-based recording at 1080p would be around 100 MB
- Make sure to scrub through the final video to review its audio and video quality
- Ensure that no cropping or clipping has occurred, and that all information is visible in the video
If there are any further questions, contact IT or watch the tutorial videos from TechSmith.